Wency Pan
Updated at 2023-05-31 08:48:32 UTC

Dear customer,

The default flow rate specification of Netro is measured in mm/h, while your sprinklers are specified in l/min. These are two different units of measurement and cannot be directly compared. To convert from l/min to mm/h, you would need to know the area covered by each sprinkler and the number of the heads.
The calculation of the flow rate requires the acreage of the irrigation area, here's the calculation formula to help better understand :
  1. Count the number of sprinkler head n, if all heads (typicall yes) have the same Liters per minute, calculate V = L/min * 60 mins * n, which is the total volume of water provided by all heads in an hour.
  2. Measure or estimate your zone area A in the unit of m^2. 3. The flow rate PR= 1000V/A, which is the average depth of water your zone gets in an hour.

We understand that it would be useful to have the flow rate specified when selecting sprinkler types for zones. We appreciate your feedback on this matter and will take it into consideration for future updates.

Thanks,

Wency

Netro Support
View: 405    Like: 0

Jure
2023-06-01 14:58:27 UTC  
Thanks, is the following calculation correct: I have 1 A = 35m2
V = 3 sprinklers (each 6 l/min).

So average mm/h for this zone would be:
3 x 6 l/min x 60 min = 1080 l/h
1080 / 35 = 30,85 mm/h per m2

is this correct?
Wency Pan
2023-06-02 02:15:19 UTC  
Dear Jure,

I apologize for the mistake in the formula that I provided to you earlier. I have corrected the calculation and the correct conversion is 1080L = 1.08m^3. Therefore, PR = 1.08/35m = 1080/35mm. With this correction, the V/A calculation should now be accurate.

Thanks,
Wency