Location Based Watering Restrictions - Check-in Interval

Matt Grooms
Updated at 2019-07-14 18:58:52 UTC
Topic: Watering Restriction

One of the great features of Netro is it's ability to look up my local (city/state) watering regulations, and apply them to my watering schedule. Bravo Netro!

Months ago, when I installed my Netro controller it looked up the then current (Stage-One) restrictions, and applied them to my watering schedule. However, since that time the watering restrictions have been eased (Year-Round restrictions) , and I'm allowed to water any day of the week. Well, Netro did not follow the changes and is still applying the old restrictions.

I attempted to trick Netro into rereading my local restrictions by turning the feature off, then back on. No luck.

So the questions are:

1) How often does a Netro Controller check the cloud database for updated watering restriction for it's location?

2) How often does Netro Central (you guys) check with communities for watering restriction updates and update your database so that deployed Netro controllers get accurate rules to apply?

I can see where it might be hard to keep up with small communities and rural areas, but my location (San Antonio, Texas, USA) has almost two-million people in the area. A single update on your part would provide a potentially large number of Netro users with current watering restriction information.

Thanks,

Matt 

View: 2491    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments