Google Home app questions- just installed my Netro Sprite!

jdonhowe
Updated at 2019-06-26 04:16:22 UTC
Topic: Netro App

I just installed my Netro Sprite and am having fun investigating all the options. After some false steps, I was able to link it to my google home account. so, my questions:

1. When I go through google, do I always have to say "Okay, Google, talk to Netro Sprite", and then when Netro responds, give a command, such as "water zone 1 for five minutes". Is there any way such that I can say directly to google "water zone 1", and Netro will do it (like smart light switches)- I don't have to tell google to tell TP-link to turn on the bedroom light!

2. I know that Netro controls zones sequentially (only one on at a time). When I ask Netro (through google home) to water zone 1 for x minutes, it then asks "what else can I do for you". If I say "water zone 2 for x minutes, it looks like it immediately turns off zone 1, and turns on zone 2. So, does "what else" mean "instead of", rather than "in addition to" the first command? Is there any way to get it to recognize sequential zone commands?

3. I've renamed my zones in the Netro app (nice touch- always hated having to remember zone numbers with old controller. Is there any way for the Netro google link to recognize (like google home does with devices) the name of a zone? It would be great to say "water front lawn for five minutes" instead of having to remember which zone it is.

View: 1948    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments