Netro Support
Updated at 2019-06-14 05:56:18 UTC

Hi Dan,

As rainfall amount varies significantly even in a small area, the weather data could be not accurate enough for your place. Netro still watered your zone after heavy rain, this might because the weather forecast said there was going to be a small rain but it turns out to be a big one. The soil moisture level will not increase a lot after small rain so Netro still watered your zones to keep the soil mosute level up. You can go to the Home page, tap the moisture level(%)  in a circle in the zone area to check the soil moisture level of your zone by week/month.

Of course, all weather forecast could be wrong. Netro tries the best to provide accurate watering schedule even with incorrect forecast. First, we periodically update the weather data, once the weather data is changed, we update the un-executed schedules ASAP. Second, we re-check the weather data for the past, update our model, and adjust following schedules accordingly. For example, Netro may not water today due to large rainfall from forecast data. The next day, Netro re-check the weather data, if no rainfall found and your soil is dry enough, Netro will water accordingly.

Thanks,

Netro Support

View: 1970    Like: 1

Kirk Davis
2019-06-14 11:18:18 UTC  
Epic failure. You HAVE to add ability to update actual rainfall. If this is not possible due to they way you designed the app, then you need to tell us so we can trash the product and get something else. I am extremely sick of walking out to my pump house to shut off the breaker on my well pump to keep Netro from wasting water. The best part with that? - Netro thinks it watered anyway and the cycle of inaccuracy continues. You are developing new products when your first product is fundamentally flawed.The product is good, you should be proud-but why stop now-make it the defacto standard in irrigation, instead of the defacto standard in irritation!
Netro Support
2019-06-17 08:53:55 UTC  
Hi Kirk,

I have forwarded your suggestion about adding a feature to update actual rainfall to our develop team and we will support this feature in the future version of the app.

We understand you are frustrated and we are very sorry. Darksky cannot be changed and currently we are developing weather underground pws.

As a workaround, you can customize the weather restrictions. This is in setting -> preferences -> rain. By default, Netro skip schedules today and tomorrow if today rains more than 0.2 inch. You can customize it, like I want to skip the schedules on the day after tomorrow as well, or I want to skip if rain more than 0.5 inch.

You can also add a rain delay, please go to the Schedule page, press the + sign on the right upper corner and select Rain Delay. If you want to review the created rain delays, you can go Settings->Restrictions and your the rain delays will be shown. You can edit and delete the existing rain delays too.

Please let us know if my answer helps.

Thanks,
Netro Support

Kirk Davis
2019-06-24 12:27:55 UTC  
Rain delay is an excellent addition. I almost yanked the controller out. Should be more prominently displayed- perhaps a simple icon next to the enormous controller online icon. It would fit logically very well in the next watering area next to controller online. Doesn't make sense as a + feature in schedule. The implication there is that you are adding something, not creating a delay. And see what you were trying to do because it was adding a program event oh, but nobody's going to find it there without reading your post. You could leave it there but also put it next to the online and next watering event areas.