Completely lost

jnk0
Updated at 2022-04-06 04:01:09 UTC
Topic: Netro App

Is anyone else having a hard time getting this thing to work? I purchased a Pixie to automate watering my tomato plants in a small garden bed, but so far it's been beyond frustrating.

The app either shows the Pixie on standby or offline,but it's clearly communicating with it... if I pull down to refresh, the green light on the Pixie starts to blink.

However, I just can't the Pixie to actually work as a timer. I set up a program with a watering schedule, but the Pixie doesn't listen to it, and it doesn't show up in the calendar. When I try to start manual watering through the app, the time is crossed out, and pressing play / start does nothing whatsoever.

The home screen is also super unhelpful and shows no past or scheduled watering times. The only way I have been able to get the Pixie to water is to walk up to the unit and press the button twice... but the app doesn't register those either.

What am I missing? Unfortunately, the Pixie manual doeant explain the app at all. Is there a new user guide somewhere that I haven't found?

Honestly, I haven't been as frustrated with a piece of tech in a long time, and am about to return it if I can't find a solution in the next few days.

View: 1021    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments

Wency Pan
Updated at 2022-04-06 08:12:38 UTC

Dear customer,

For the standby/offline issue, we will fix it in the next release of the app. We have updated it for you from the server side and please login your account to check if it works now. 

In the default mode, Pixie will go to sleep mode to save power after 5 minutes when it is manually powered on. Every hour it will wake up to check the latest watering schedules and report the power percentage. Therefore, when you start a manual run, the timer is most likely in sleep mode.

If you have to water instantly, you can go to Settings -> Timer-> "Keep Online" and enable the feature. Note the timer may start to keep online the next day and battery consumption will be faster when the timer is in this mode. Please refer to this article for more info:
https://netrohome.com/en/shop/user_guides/2

For the past or scheduled watering times, Netro shows last watered time on the home screen after the watering activities are executed. You can also view watering schedules on Schedule page. 

Please find the user guide through Settings->Support->Pixie Hose Faucet Timer and let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Wency

Netro Support