Smart watering issue?

Ananth
Updated at 2020-07-15 13:14:40 UTC
Topic: Smart Watering
My system is not watering using smart schedule. keeps changing the watering days. even though not enough rain. unable to change the weather station on the app.
View: 1549    Follow: 0   

1 Answer    Click the answer to view the full answer and comments

Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-07-16 03:05:34 UTC

Dear Ananth,

Thanks for contacting us. If you turn on the smart zone feature, Netro will skip the schedules(including manual schedules from user programs) when there is a chance of significant rain(>0.2inch).

If the weather data of Darksky is not correct, you can switch to Weather Underground. (Settings->Controller->Weather Provider and save the changes) If you fail to change the weather station, please write to us support@netrohome.com and we can help you change it.You can also go to Discover page, tap the "+" button on the upper right corner to correct rainfall.

You could customized the weather restrictions now as well.  You can customize it, like I want to skip the schedules on the day after tomorrow as well, or I want to skip if rain more than 1 inch. The setting is in "setting -> preferences -> rain".

Of course, all weather forecast could be wrong. Netro tries the best to provide accurate watering schedule even with incorrect forecast. First, we periodically update the weather data, once the weather data is changed, we update the un-executed schedules ASAP. Second, we re-check the weather data for the past, update our model, and adjust following schedules accordingly. For example, Netro may not water today due to large rainfall from forecast data. The next day, Netro re-check the weather data, if no rainfall found and your soil is dry enough, Netro will water accordingly.

Thanks,
Netro Support