Netro Inc
Updated at 2020-08-05 01:51:22 UTC

Hi Bowie,

Your zones are watered multiple times a day, you probably selected clay, clay loam or loam as the soil type which accepts water slowly, often as little as 1/4 inch per hour and that is why we break the watering into many pieces to avoid water runoff. 

For your zone 4, the watering duration is about one hour because you selected shrubs as your plant type. Shrubs require deeper watering with less frequency because they have longer roots and can absorb moisture from deeper soil, while annual flowers and grass needs to be watered more frequently. 

We just noticed you have disabled the smart zone feature so the rain delay feature will also be disabled. If you still want to use smart watering and water zone 4 more frequently, you can set it via settings -> zones -> SmartZone -> Mode -> Frequent. 

If you still need the rain delay feature and do not want smart zone schedule to override your own programmed schedule, you can set up the Smart Zone level from Advanced to Basic, which only skip rainning days for your programmed schedule.(Settings->Zones->Smart Zone)

For more information about Netro smart watering,  here is an article about Netro three watering modes which might be helpful. https://netrohome.com/forum/posts/111

Thanks,

Netro Support

View: 1894    Like: 0

Bowie Xu
2020-08-05 07:32:19 UTC  
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. I have noticed that in Zone settings, there are plant species , plant type and soil type. Zone 1 and 3 are glass (I am living in CA so I suppose it is a "Warm Season Grass") but I can't tell what the soil type I have. As for Zone 4, there are lot of plants : one small orange tree, one cherry tree, some flowers and some shrub so I am not sure what type I should set to zone 4, the soil type is also a mystery to me. Maybe I can take some photo to you guys and get the accurate information?

Cheers!
Bowie
Netro Inc
2020-08-06 02:04:04 UTC  
Hi Bowie,

Yes you can select warm season grass. For soil, it's quite common to have composite soil. We have the typical soil type, including Sand, Loamy Sand, Sandy Loam. Depending on the percentage of sand, load, you can use the closest one.

For plant, it's also common to have multiple type of plants in one zones. Usually, it's recommended to use the plant that needs most of waters. For example, if you have shrub, trees and flowers in one zone , it's better to use "flower". This is because tree can survive with more water, but your flower could die without enough water. One exception is Xeriscape, which could die with more than enough water.

Thanks,
Netro Support